Skip to main content

Well Hello There...


It's going on 4 years since I've been on this...

Way Way too long!

No worries though. I'm back and planning on staying.


4 years is a lengthy time. That's 1,460 days...35,040 minutes and about 4 seasons of The Walking Dead. 



With time of course comes change. I've changed. Although I am still in love with chick flicks and watch them whenever I get a chance, I think that my short time of writing about them needs to change. But I will still keep one little thing the same. And that's the concept of LOVE. And all of the good and bad that comes with it. 


So this time I'll be writing about ...



the 2nd Season of Married At First Sight.


As some of you know I got married on February 14th, just over a month ago. Yes on Valentine's Day... stop it with your eye rolls and your "Oh well he'll never forget your anniversary now" smack talk....because if anyone were to forget our anniversary it would probably be ME lol. Well with marriage still being a new thing to me I figure I could watch this show and tell all of you how it actually relates to "real marriage."


Stay tuned...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where will we live?

Finding a home has it's up and downs and dodging of bullets (if you don't research the neighborhood well enough) and a case of headaches all on its own, but throw in a marriage into the mix and it adds just that much more. The one question that make take more than a few minutes to ponder over is... Where will we live? What if your spouse is originally from the other side of town or another state? What if your job has caused you to move away from your parents, but now you feel like it's the perfect time to move closer to them? In the second episode of Married At First Sight (the 2nd season) , Jaclyn and Ryan R. already had a bumpy start with Jaclyn not being attracted to Ryan R. at all and she sure did not have an ounce of fear to share that with the cameras. But on top of all that she's in love with her job as a sales representative for a popular vodka brand in  New Jersey. Her now husband is from L...

Fight for What You Deserve

Who said Chick Flicks couldn't be wild? African Cats is a movie that reaches out to help preserve the life of animals in need while still being a Chick Flick. African Cats follows the life of lions, lionesses and cheetahs as they fight to stay alive. It is hard not to fall in love with the young cubs like Mara. Mara is the only daughter to Layla, the oldest and most experienced lioness. Layla is an independent lioness who fights until the end to protect not only her daughter but the complete pack. As the protagonist in the film, Layla leads by example by displaying her never ending courage and strength. She is a single mother who is able to take on the role as a leader and overcomes many struggles. The independence, challenges and loss captured in this film make it a qualified Chick Flick. Not only does African cats motivate young females and gives hope to single mothers who are facing their own challenges, but it raises money to preserve the wildlife and wild lands of Africa....

Chick Flicks Make History

What does the term chick flick mean to you? Are you into chick flicks? What have chick flicks done for the film industry? Have chick flicks always been called chick flicks? When I think of a chick flick I think of a movie I can see with all my girlfriends on a Girl’s Night In. I think of a movie starring a young attractive actress who meets the love her life only to be heartbroken but soon rescued by another guy she never thought she would fall for.  Chick Flicks are usually released around a holiday we all either love or hate. No, not Tax Day. It is actually Valentine's Day, the so called holiday invented by Corporate America. Despite the time of release, Chick Flicks targeted to young females who can relate to the life of the featured protagonist. As mentioned before there is always a protagonist who leads by example. She usually falls in love, becomes a successful individual or overcomes a great struggle. In many ways this featured hopeful gives aspirations for the millions of ...